WHO CAN VOTE?
To register you must:
- be a U.S. citizen,
- be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file the voter registration form,
- be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote,
- not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction,
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere, and
- have lived in the county, city or village for at least 30 days before the election.
REGISTER TO VOTE
Are you registered to vote? Do you want to change your party, your address, your name? Do you have other questions? Start here:The New York State Department of Motor Vehicles Voter Registration Application now offers the opportunity to complete an application to register to vote or to update the information you have on file with the Board of Elections.
Updated information could include providing your County Board of Elections with your new name, new address, or changing a party enrollment.
Applications completed on this website are forwarded to the appropriate County Board of Elections for approval and processing.
See the FAQs about Electronic Voter Registration
Nassau County Board of Elections provides information about how to register, deadlines, requirements, political parties, registration drives, living overseas, and much more.