October 9 is the deadline to register and vote in the November 3 election.
But, October 9th is also the deadline for a registered voter to change his/her party affiliation to vote in next year’s primaries. The law requires that you must be registered in that party to vote in a primary – and if you want to change your party affiliation to vote in a primary, it must be done before by the registration deadline for the previous year’s general election. For instance, if you want to change from a Republican to a Democrat to vote in the Democratic primary next year, you must change your party affiliation by this Oct. 9, 2015!
- Register in person by Fri., Oct. 9, 2015
- Register by mail: Postmarked by Fri, Oct. 9, 2015; received by Wed.., Oct. 14
- Apply for absentee ballot in person by Mon., Nov. 2, 2015
- Apply for absentee ballot by mail: postmarked by Tues., Oct. 27
- Deliver ballot in person by Tues., Nov. 3, 2015
- Deliver ballot by mail: postmarked by Mon., Nov.2, 2015; received by Tues. Nov. 10, 2015.
Check out Vote411.org for more information about races in your area!