Let’s get together in person again!
League Regional Training Workshop – April 2
The League of Women Voters of NYS has invited all members to come to training workshops being held throughout the state on Saturdays from 10:00 – 4:00 in March and early April. All members are invited to attend any or all of the workshops. All local Leagues board members are strongly encouraged to attend at least part of the day. Lunch will be provided and will allow for informal networking among the attendees.
The closest workshop to our area is on:
Saturday, April 2nd, at the Scarsdale Woman’s Club,
37 Drake Road, Scarsdale
The cost is $25.
(The registration deadline is March 25. Register by clicking here.)
- It’s All About the Ask: Tactics for Increasing Membership and Cultivating Leadership
Our best tool is The Ask:
- Ask others to attend a league program,
- Ask others to join,
- Ask members how they want to get involved, and
- Ask engaged Leaguers to take leadership positions
- The 411 on Vote 411: A Beginners Guide to the New Platform (Hands-on Workshop) Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Past, Present and Future
- Engaging Youth Through Civic Collaborations
- Zooming into 2022: How to Successfully Host a Virtual or Hybrid Candidate Forum Hacking
- Social Media: Getting the best use out of your League’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts
- Let’s Take Action: How, When and Why?
All attendees are required to show proof of vaccination and booster and be willing to wear a mask. The deadlines for registration are stricter than usual as we will not hold the workshops at a specific location if we do not have enough people registered so we need to ask for all to register early.
Carpools can be arranged for all those who are planning to attend. If you would like to be part of a carpool as either a driver or passenger, please let us know – EastNassauLWV@gmail.com, and arrangements will be made.