After more than three decades of fighting for election modernization, the following legislation passed and was signed into law:
- early voting,
- primary consolidation,
- pre-registration for 16 and 17-year-olds,
- no-excuse absentee balloting and same day registration were passed this legislative session, but because they require a constitutional amendment, they need second passage in 2021 and voter
In addition, we achieved
- pay equity for all employees,
- stronger sexual harassment protections and reporting,
- closure of LLC loophole, and
- strong reproductive choice
These are all huge accomplishments, but we’re not done yet. This legislative session, we also demanded:
- restoration of voting rights for parolees,
- campaign finance reforms and public financing of elections,
- ERA amendment in state constitution,
- And ..
With your enthusiasm, energy and commitment we have the power to shape New York State into a beacon of strong democracy.