The state League is organizing regional workshops around the state during March and April 2014; workshops will be held from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm on Saturdays. All local Leagues are strongly encouraged to have ALL board members attend part or all of one of the training sessions; all members are also invited to attend any or all of the workshops. Directions to all locations will be emailed when registration is received.
Our regional workshop will be on March 29 at the Cold Spring Harbor Library, 95 Harbor Rd, Cold Spring Harbor. Workshops will include the following topics:
- Vote 411 (beginners & refresher): Where do I start? (bring laptop if possible)
- Membership: Attracting and retaining members doesn’t “just happen”!
- Leadership: League leaders are often made, not born. Are we building our future?
- Lunch (provided): Network with League members and share your current local activities and efforts
- Vote 411 (experienced): Gripes, Grins & Going Forward (bring laptop if possible)
- Advocacy and Issues: What’s going on in the state legislature now? And, share what hot issue is in your own community now?
- Fundraising Idea-Sharing: Minimal Pain, Maximum Gain
- Visibility: Are You a Player? How to increase connections with media, politicians, other groups, and “The Public”
- Candidate Forums: Policies, Guidelines and Staying Out of Trouble
Click here for the registration form. The deadline is one week prior to the training session, (e.g,, Feb. 21 for the Albany training on March 1). There is a $10 fee per person as we will be providing lunch. All members are invited to attend.
Come network with other area League members, learn more about the League and see how you can get more involved!