Program Planning Members Meeting for 2022-2023
All members and prospective members are invited to our January 26th Program Planning meeting where we will discuss and seek consensus on three levels of “program,” that is League priorities for action for the coming year.
- Our Own PWM Program — the four advocacy and education initiatives (supported by LWVNYS and LWVUS positions) that LWVPWM members have studied, come to consensus about, and now work to mobilize on. We will also discuss
- Our PWM Making Democracy Work Service Committees that actively serve our communities by educating and engaging voters, and
- Our PWM Watch-Dog Issues, where we have positions that we do not pro-actively advocate for unless legislative action warrants our sending out alerts to members to take action.
- Our NYS Legislative Initiatives — we need to respond to two new priorities recommended by the NYS Board
- Our US Progam — will be decided at the 2022 National Convention in June and our discussions will influence what the US Program Planning Committee recommends putting on the agenda. This will include both the US recommended program and what local leagues recommend adding.
We ask you to register for this Zoom by clicking on this link. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
More information about our PWM Recommended Program, the NYS initiatives, and the LWVUS Program and Initiatives will be posted here in January. Until then, you might find it interesting to peruse the many positions we support as members of the LWVNYS here and the range of positions we support as members of the LWVUS here. FYI, each has a summary of the positions near the beginning of the booklets.