We will get a bird’s eye view of the League Year ahead and information on whom we will be asked to vote for in the coming election. We will also learn all about the five ballot proposals that we will be voting on when we go to the polls on November 2.
Barbara Epstein will explain the proposals and present the pros and cons of each.
- Proposal 1 – Amending the Apportionment and Redistricting Process
- Proposal 2 – Right to Clean Air, Clean Water, and a Healthful Environment
- Proposal 3 – Eliminating Ten-Day-Advance Voter Registration Requirement
- Proposal 4 – Authorizing No-Excuse Absentee Ballot Voting
- Proposal 5 – Increasing the Jurisdiction of the New York City Civil Court
We are planning to do a lot of speaking engagements over the next couple of months to familiarize voters with these proposed amendments. We are, therefore, looking for people to be part of our speakers corps. We will be scheduling a training session to prepare all speakers. If interested, please contact Barbara Epstein using our Contact Form.